Today, I have cooked a delicious meal. I have stir-fried the cabbage that was leftover from my cooking a few days ago. I love cooking from leftover veggies like this fried rice made from leftover rice.
6 pieces of strips of bacon
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, cubed
1/4 head of white cabbage, sliced and washed
1 chili, deseeded, cut into small pieces
1 spring onion, diced
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok. Then add the bacon strips. Fried until golden brown. Set aside.
- With the remaining bacon fat, stir-fry the garlic and onions.
- When the onions are glassy looking, add the fried bacon.
- Then add the white cabbage and chili. Stir-fry well.
- When the cabbage is tender, add the spring onion.
- Taste with soy sauce and pepper. If you must, you can add salt.
- Then serve this with rice or potatoes and meat like sausage or steak. It´s up to you.
- You can serve this too with a slice of rye or baguette bread.
|1. Bacon fried.|
|2 and 3. Bacon with garlic and onions.|
|4. Add white cabbage and chili.|
|5. Add the spring onions.|
|Taste with soy sauce and pepper.|
|I served this with boiled potatoes and sausage.|
Gute Appetit! Boun Appetit!
Thanks for visiting my blog. If you want to check more of my recipes, just visit
Copyright 2017 by Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved