Last week, my hubby bought me 2 huge sweet potatoes. I love them and boiled them for my dinner. As always my eyes were bigger than my mouth. Just a boiled sweet potato made me full so, one was left for the next day. That next day, I was not craving for sweet boiled potato. I put this in the fridge and I was thinking what I could do not to waste it because surely I would forget this in the fridge until it would be rotten spoiled.
Last night at 11 in the evening, I was searching in my fridge what to go with the leftover boiled sweet potato. I still had an opened can of condensed milk, a leftover from making cake pops last week. On my fruit stand was a wrinkled pomegranate waiting for me to be eaten. I thought, "well then, let´s get started," and I searched my baking flavouring what taste I could add in this recipe. I found vanilla, cherry liqour, orange and rum flavouring but I thought vanilla was a good combination for my new dessert.
Below is the step by step on how to make sweet potato dessert decorated with pomegranate fruits.
|Boiled sweet potato|
2 1/2 cups of mashed boiled sweet potato
1 cup condensed milk
50 gram soft butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
1 to 2 tablespoons of pomegranate fruits
HOW TO MAKE THE DESSERT:
1. Put the mashed sweet potato in a bowl or in a deep plate.
2. Add the condensed milk. Mix it with the sweet potato.
3. Add the softened butter and the vanilla flavouring. Mix well.
3. Decorate the top with pomegranate fruits. Cover it with cellophane and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Serve cold. Enjoy!
This was the first time that I have made this dessert and I can assure you that it tasted heavenly. While I was making this dessert, I kept on tasting it to control the sweetness and the flavour of the vanilla. I had to control myself not to eat it all;-)
- If you feel bored eating the same food, be creative just like I did with my boiled sweet potato.
- If you don´t have pomegranate in your country, you can use another fruit for the topping. Like mango.
- You can serve this with ice cream or with a dollop of double cream.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment and share this dessert to your social media sites. God bless.
For more recipes please check my cooking website and my main writing sites:
Copyright 2017 by Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved