Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Tuesday 13 February 2018

How to Make a Valentine´s Day Moisty Cake from a Ready Made Cake

Hello, everyone!

Have you ever made a festive cake from a ready-made cake? Well, this is the first time I have made one but not from a store-bought cake. 


Just imagine, this moist chocolate cake that I used, was one of the cakes I made for Christmas 2017. As I had baked this for unannounced guests, I stored this in the freezer until today. It was good that I remembered this frozen cake and so I thought to make Valentine´s Day cake dessert decorated with white chocolate couverture and coconut cream, as a sauce over the cake. It was and it is still delicious. How I wish I could give you a slice or two. Well, I will bring some slices at work tomorrow.



Here is how I made it:

Ingredients:


  • 9 inches x 9 inches ready-made chocolate cake (thawed if frozen)
  • 200 g white chocolate couverture, chopped into small pieces
  • 50 to100 g coconut cream, it depends how thick you want this on your cake. (I used 100g as I wanted this to be like a chocolate sauce on a cake as you can see in the photos.)
  • roasted chopped hazelnuts and sprinkles for decoration
  • a heart cutter for forming a sprinkled heart in the middle of the cake



Procedure:
  1. Put the chocolate cake on a cake platter.
  2. Put the white chocolate couverture and the coconut cream in a pot. Melt them together in a medium heat.
  3. When the chocolate has melted, add the chocolate glaze on the cake. If you use 100 g of coconut cream, the chocolate is like a sauce over a cake.
  4. Decorate the cake with the hazelnuts and sprinkled heart. Of course, you can decorate this cake the way you want this to be.
  5. Enjoy your Valentine´s Day moist cake dessert.

The moist chocolate cake  (recipe on the link of my Minecraft cake) I baked last Christmas.

White chocolate couverture, chopped and unchopped.

White chocolate couverture.




Valentine´s Day Moisty Cake from a Ready Made Cake.


Thanks for reading my blog.Please feel free to comment, like and share this recipe to your social media sites. Ciao!

Copyright ©2018 All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it was heavenly Susan. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Yummy! I want a slice right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I could give you a slice Angie. It was indeed yummy! I only know now that a frozen chocolate cake is more delicious than a freshly baked one. Very chocolatey. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  3. What a good idea to mix in coconut cream I will have to try that when I make a cake..lol...I am not a big cake maker but sometimes I do lol ..It looks lovely Thelma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was indeed Caz. I was thinking of the ingredients I could use when I am in the Philippines and thought of the abundant coconut fruits I have in my backyard. Double cream is expensive in my home country and so I thought of the coconut cream.Thanks for your visit and have a great weekend there in the sunny Thailand.

      Delete