Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Tuesday 27 November 2018

How to Make an Easy Peasy Homemade Mango Jam

Hello everyone! It is nice to be back again. I was gone for too long. Now it is time for me to be here again especially that the Christmas Season is approaching. I am here again to share some delicious recipes I have created while I am vacationing in my home town in the Philippines. Besides that, I want to join an #SIPBChallenge. SIPB means Sharing, Inspiring, Promoting Bloggers, a Facebook group created by Esme Slabs.

Homemade Mango Jam


My entry to this challenge is how to make an easy peasy homemade mango jam with only 3 ingredients. Mangoes are in season in the Philippines. A kilo of mangoes cost at least 50 Pesos which is equivalent to almost 1 Euro. Mangoes are abundant here that I could not resist to make some other yummy goodies out of these fruits. For me, it is boring just to eat ripe mangoes everyday. I have to do something from these fruits. Why not make a cake, cupcake or a jam perhaps? The idea was born when our nice neighbor gave us a few kilos of mangoes for free.  We couldn't eat all of them at once. So the ideas of making mango jam and mango cupcakes took place in my mind. Why not?


Ripe Mangoes


How to Make an Easy Peasy Homemade Mango Jam 

Ingredients:

800g Mango meat
260g White sugar
1/2 lemon, juiced



How to Make the Mango Jam 

  1. Put the mangoes in a clean cooking pot. Start cooking in a moderate heat for a few minutes while keeping on stirring.
  2. Add the sugar to the mangoes and stir constantly. Let the mixture boil.
  3. Add the juice of the half lemon to the mango mixture. Continue stirring until the amount reduces to half or until the jam is done.
  4. The mango jam is done when a thick droplet of jam heavily falls off the ladle or other kitchen utensil you are using.
  5. Let the jam cool  down before putting it in a clean and sterilized jar.(I did not have jars when I made the mango jam so I used microwave tupperware.
Enjoy the mango jam as a sandwich, cupcake and cake spread. You can also spread this on your fresh made scones as well as a filling to your layer cake. By the way, you can make this mango jam as a gift to friends and relatives this Christmas.

Here are some recipes you might want to make for Christmas:



Thank you very much for reading my blog. Enjoy your Christmas baking, cooking and shopping. 

Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts

No comments:

Post a Comment