|Homemade Mango Jam|
My entry to this challenge is how to make an easy peasy homemade mango jam with only 3 ingredients. Mangoes are in season in the Philippines. A kilo of mangoes cost at least 50 Pesos which is equivalent to almost 1 Euro. Mangoes are abundant here that I could not resist to make some other yummy goodies out of these fruits. For me, it is boring just to eat ripe mangoes everyday. I have to do something from these fruits. Why not make a cake, cupcake or a jam perhaps? The idea was born when our nice neighbor gave us a few kilos of mangoes for free. We couldn't eat all of them at once. So the ideas of making mango jam and mango cupcakes took place in my mind. Why not?
How to Make an Easy Peasy Homemade Mango Jam
800g Mango meat
260g White sugar
1/2 lemon, juiced
How to Make the Mango Jam
- Put the mangoes in a clean cooking pot. Start cooking in a moderate heat for a few minutes while keeping on stirring.
- Add the sugar to the mangoes and stir constantly. Let the mixture boil.
- Add the juice of the half lemon to the mango mixture. Continue stirring until the amount reduces to half or until the jam is done.
- The mango jam is done when a thick droplet of jam heavily falls off the ladle or other kitchen utensil you are using.
- Let the jam cool down before putting it in a clean and sterilized jar.(I did not have jars when I made the mango jam so I used microwave tupperware.
Enjoy the mango jam as a sandwich, cupcake and cake spread. You can also spread this on your fresh made scones as well as a filling to your layer cake. By the way, you can make this mango jam as a gift to friends and relatives this Christmas.
Here are some recipes you might want to make for Christmas:
Thank you very much for reading my blog. Enjoy your Christmas baking, cooking and shopping.
Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts