|Chocolate Strawberry Cake Pops made last Christmas 2014|
INGREDIENTS: 30-40 pieces
- 1 small chocolate sponge cake or 4-5 cups of leftover cake
- 4-6 tablespoons Strawberry marmalade
- 35 or more lollipop sticks
- ready made chocolate glaze (if you don´t have time to make your own)
- a styrophor box or egg box for sticking the cake pops
- multicolored sprinkles for decorating the cake pops
- chocolate shavings for decorations
1. Crumbled the chocolate cake.
2. Mix the chocolate cake crumbles with strawberry marmalade very well.
3. The chocolate strawberry mixture will look like this above.
4. Roll a teaspoon (or more if you want to form a bigger one) of the mixture into a ball. When done, put the chocolate strawberry balls in the fridge for an hour or two.
5. After that, prepare the chocolate glaze (see below). Then dip one end of the lollipop stick in the glaze and insert it (just until the middle) in the chocolate strawberry ball, one after the other.
6. Insert the ready to glaze cake pops in a styropor, egg box or in a cake pop kit you can have when buying a cake pop machine.
7. When all the cake pops have their lollipop sticks inserted, start putting the chocolate glaze in them with the use of brush or a tablespoon. See to it that the excess glaze will be gone and then decorate the cake pops by dipping each ball in the saucer with sprinkles or chocolates while the glaze is still wet. Let the chocolate strawberry cake pops stay in the fridge until you serve them.
Making Chocolate Glaze:
- 100 gram Couverture, at least 70% dark chococlate
- 50 gram double cream
- Vanilla, cinnamon or rum flavoring
- Cut the couverture in small pieces and melt with the double cream in low heat.
- Add the flavouring before getting it off from the fire.
- Keep stirring until melted and the glaze looks shiny and smooth.
I know, it sounds like a lot of work to make those goodies but as long as you enjoy making them, it does not matter. You can make them with your grandchildren and I am sure they will love decorating the cake pops. I have not put the hours I was making this as I always forgot but I will next time I do them. Enjoy making!!!
Copyright 2015 © Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved