Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Thursday 4 August 2016

Plantain "Hash Brown "

Have you heard of hash brown made of plantain? Me, no. Hash brown is normally made of potatoes, pureed or grated and spiced up with eggs, nutmeg, garlic, pepper, etc.

The other day I had 7 pieces of cooked plantain (cooking bananas) leftover from the beach party of my niece birthday party . It was a pity to throw them in the bin because they were still good. I kept on thinking what to do with them and so it came to my mind the hash brown that I  have eaten in England, Ireland and of course the one my hubby made at home in Germany. So, I  made this delicious plantain hash brown which I  have adapted from the basic recipe of my hubby.



Ingredients : For 12-16 pieces

Vegetable oil for frying

7 leftover cooked plantain aka cooking bananas, grated
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of sieved flour
1 teaspoon salt (or more depends on your liking)



Procedure:


  1. Mix the lightly beaten eggs with salt, garlic and nutmeg. Mix well.
  2. Add the egg mixture to the grated plantain.
  3. Then add the sieved flour. Mix them well. 
  4. Meanwhile,  heat the vegetable oil in the heated frying pan.
  5. Form the plantain egg mixture into flat round hash browns and fry them both sides until golden brown.
  6. Serve this hot hash browns for breakfast or snack in between meals.


I was making this food in my Philippines home and I know that this food is not the kind of snack every Filipino grab with excitement.  Hey, this is not a chicken joy, hamburger, McDonald's or Jollibee food. This is not a junk food. This is a food every poor Filipino people could make. That is if they know how healthy plantain or cooking banana is.


Anyway, I have made this plantain hash brown for the first time and I  found it more delicious than the potato hash brown that I  have made before. Would you care to try if you have plantain in your country?

Thanks for reading.  Enjoy  your day.☺

Copyright 2016 All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts 




2 comments:

  1. Yuummmm, very interesting, and delicious sounding too. Thanks for sharing this new way to use plantain bananas. We have only ever used them for banana bread, muffins, or smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dellgirl. It was new to me too. You can try it and please tell me how you like it.

      Delete