Baked Minced Meat With Bell Peppers was one of the recipes I created in the 80´s here in Germany. When I came to Germany, I only knew how to cook 3 kinds of recipes and those were boiled rice, fish cooked in vinegar and Tinola, a Philippines soup made from fish and Moringa leaves. Yes, that was all I learmed before I got married.
I did not know what to cook for my German hubby and so I invented and created some food to serve remembering how my late mother did the cooking way back home. Of course I bought Filipino and some Asian recipe books but most of the ingredients were not found in the supermarket. There was no Asian shop at that time.
I did not like much of the German food and so I had to create something new. Most recipes I created were a mixture of Asian and German ingredients suited for both taste buds. This recipe was my adaptation of my late mothers´ Philippines meat loaf.
|Baked Minced Meat With Bell Peppers|
Ingredients: 6-8 persons
500 grams minced beef and pork (half and half)
1 middle size onion, finely cubes
3 halves of yellow, green and red bell peppers, cubes
2 slices of sandwich bread or bread rolls soaked in milk, squeezed and cut into pieces
2 tablespoon of bread crumbs
1 piece of spring onion, sliced
3 or more cloves of minced garlic
1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1-2 tablespoons curry catsup
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon salt (add if it´s not enough or make it less depends on your taste)
1 teaspoon pepper powder
olive oil for brushing the baking tin
2 tomatoes, sliced in round form
tomato mozzarella salt (optional)
Basil leaves, thinly sliced
|Minced Meat With Bell Peppers mixture.|
- Square baking tin
- kitchen brush
- a bowl or a deep plate
|Raw Minced Meat With Bell Peppers in a baking tin.|
How To Make:
- Put the minced meat in a bowl or in a deep plate.
- Add the sliced onion, bell peppers, squeezed and cut bread, bread crumbs, onion cubes and minced garlic.
- Mix together 2 eggs, soy sauce, curry catsup, paprika powder, sliced basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and add the mixture to the minced meat mixture.
- Mix the minced meat mixture with your clean bare hands until well blended.
- Brush the square baking tin with olive oil and add the minced meat mixture on it. Press it well in the baking tin.
- Add the round sliced tomatoes and spiced the top of the tomatoes with salt and pepper powder or tomato mozzarella salt.
- Bake in the 180°C preheated oven for at least 45 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with boiled rice or potatoes and salad.
Copyright 2015 ©Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved