Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Thursday 7 June 2018

How To Make Longganisa Empanada


A few weeks ago, I saw a post on fb about Longganisa. It was posted by Ces, the publisher of PILYA Blog Magazine in Germany, where I am a contributor. 

If you have never heard this word Longganisa like the Grammarly app that I am using in checking my writings, well, I tell you that it is a Filipino sausage which is so popular in my home country, Philippines. It is commonly eaten during breakfast. It is made of minced pork, fat, garlic and other spices. There are 2 types of Longganisa, the hot and spicy and the sweet one.



The photo of Longganisa on fb was very inviting to me that I was salivating. I was hungry seeing the photo. I then saw the name of the seller of this delicious Filipino sausage and decided to buy some for my consumption. I could not buy just one pack as these sausages are for retailers or distributors only but at least, the owner of the company, allowed me to buy 10 packages, at first. I had to order a few for tasting. I was happy to try Imeldas Longganisa because it was indeed delicious. More delicious than I have expected.

Fried hot and spicy Longganisa was yummy indeed, eaten with rice and some vegetable salad for lunch or dinner. Just eating the fried Pinoy (local name for Filipino) sausage was not enough for me. I wanted another type of food which contained Longganisa and so it came into my mind to make empanada out of this sausage. So, I bought a ready-made filo pastry from Aldi. 

Fried hot and spicy Longganisa


Here´s how I made  Longganisa Empanada with only 4 ingredients.

Ingredients: 15 pieces

3 pieces of hot and spicy Longganisa
150-200 gram Cheese spread with herbs (from Buko)
ready-made filo or shortcrust pastry from the supermarket (approximately 10  inches x 15 inches)
egg wash from 1 egg

Procedure:
  1. Put the filo pastry on a baking sheet on a baking tray and divide the pastry into 15 squares as you can see in the photo.


2. Cut the 3 pieces of Longganisa into small cubes.


3. Spread a teaspoon cheese with herbs on every filo pastry square.

                          

4. Then add the Longganisa cubes on top. Brush the sides with a bit of water just to make it stick to each other when folding. 

                        
5. Fold each filo pastry with fillings into a triangle parcel.


                             

6. Push a fork on the sides of the empanadas (see photo above) so that it will be fixed/sealed together.

7. Brush the egg wash on top of the empanadas

8. Bake in a moderate preheated oven of 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown.

Enjoy!!!!


Here is another Longganisa recipe for your meal if you want to have a new variation for this Filipino sausage. 

Please feel free to comment, share, pin this blog to any social media site that you have. Thanks for reading. Have a blessed day to you.

© 2018 All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts

No comments:

Post a Comment