Living in the Philippines for a few months time give me the opportunity to eat a lot of tropical fruits and vegetables. Fruits like mango, pineapple, avocado, papaya, guava, pomelo and carambola or star fruit.
While I am here, I am enjoying the abundance of tropical fruits in season which I hardly buy when I am in Germany because it is so expensive for my wallet. So I just wait when I am back again in my home in the Philippines.
Las Sunday I went to the open air market and my eyes were blinded with lots of delicious fruits. I had to choose which one or else I would buy plenty of fruits which I could not actually consume. I only bought watermelon, rambutan and marang. Marang was not yet ripe enough to be eaten so I just used the watermelon and the rambutan for making smoothie. The weather was so hot and humid so I thought of making something to drink. I made this delicious and refreshing rambutan and watermelon smoothie.
|You need 2 slices of this watermelon.|
Ingredients for 3 to 4 glasses:
30 pieces of Rambutan
2 slices of watermelon
6 pieces of calamansi juice or 1 lemon juice
some ice cubes (optional)
- Press the rambutan open and get the white meat out from the skin.
- Get off the seed of the rambutan from the white meat and cut the meat into small pieces. Repeat it again until you have all the rambutan meat you need.
- Slice the watermelon meat into cubes.
- Put the rambutan, watermelon and calamansi juice in the blender or smoothie maker. Blend!
- Serve in a long glass or any kind of glasses you want with some ice cubes.
- Enjoy your smoothie.
|Watermelon cubes and rambutan slices.|
Thank you once again for reading my blog. Please feel free to share to any social media sites you are in. I would love to hear from you by commenting below.
Copyright 2016 by Thelma Alberts