Schwarzwälderschinken aka smoked ham is delicious but it is sometimes a hassle when I bite on it in the bread and part of it is still hanging on my mouth. I still had a pack of smoked ham today and I thought I could make something different from it besides in a sandwich and so I was creative again. Well, it was more delicious than what I have expected.
INGREDIENTS : 6 pieces
30cm x 20cm ready made filo pastry
6 tbsp. Cheese spread with herbs (Bresso)
5 pieces of smoked ham, sliced into cubes
1 big ripe tomato, cut into cubes
1 tbsp. of sliced fresh or frozen basil
50 gram grated Mozzarella cheese
1 egg beaten for brushing the top of the pastries
1. Cut the filo pastry into 6 equal sizes and put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese spread with herbs on each of the filo pastries.
3. With the smoked ham, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, put them on top of the cheese spread equally.
4.Then sprinkle with chopped basil (fresh or frozen).
5. Fold the filled filo pastries as shown above and brush with beaten egg.
6. Bake in the preheated oven (170°C) for about 20 minutes or until the top of the pastries turn golden brown.
Serve the homemade smoked ham and mozzarella cheese pastries warm. Enjoy!
|Homemade Smoked Ham and Mozzarella Cheese Pastry|
For more recipes please check:
My main writing site Hubpages
Thellys Cucina International
My Kitchen and I
Step by step upload photos of this recipe.
Thank you very much for stopping by. Please feel free to share this blog in all your social media sites. Comments are highly appreciated. God bless.
Copyright 2017 by Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved