Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Friday 19 June 2015

Sweet Potato Fries With Chocolate Marshmallow Sauce

Do you love eating French fries? Have you tried eating sweet potato fries? If not, this will be a recipe for you to try. 

Last week, I have bought sweet potatoes in the Asian shop. When I bought them, I was craving for boiled sweet potatoes but I did not have time to cook them until today. My craving was no longer for a simple cooked sweet potatoes. 

My creative mind was thinking about another recipe and I thought about the time when I was in elementary grade when my mother made sweet potato fries with Latik. Latik was a caramelized sauce made of coconut milk and brown sugar. She used to put the fried potato fries and arranged them like a braided mat on a plate and topped them with Latik. That was so delicious.

I did not make Latik sauce as I did not have coconut milk and brown sugar, so I made my own sauce out of what I have in my cupboard. I have made this kind of sauce many times and so I was sure it tasted almost as yummy as the Latik my mother made.


Sweet Potato Fries With Chocolate Marshmallow Sauce

Here´s my own recipe of sweet potato fries but with 70% chocolate bar, marshmallows and natural yoghurt. I am using the very dark chocolate with less sugar. I hope you will like this recipe.


Sweet Potatoes
Ingredient: 2 persons

  • 2 middle size sweet potatoes
  • oil for frying in the fritteuse or deep fryer
  • 100 gram 70% dark chocolate
  • 50 gram marshmallows
  • 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt


Tips: 
  1. You can use the sweet chocolate if you don´t like the 70% chocolate bar.
  2. You can use double cream if you don´t have natural yoghurt.
  3. You can add vanilla or cinnamon flavouring if you want to.
  4. Leftover of the sauce is delicious for spreading your bread for breakfast or for your snack or as a dip in eating fruits like strawberries.
Fried Sweet Potatoes
Procedure:
  1. Wash the sweet potatoes, then peel them.
  2. Slice the sweet potatoes into sticks like that of the French fries.
  3. Rinse the sweet potato sticks in a strainer and pat them dry with a paper or a clean kitchen cloth.
  4. Fry the sweet potatoes in the heated deep fryer with oil or fritteuse until golden brown.
  5. Put them in the deep plate with kitchen paper to get off the excess oil.
  6. Put the marshmallows, dark chocolate and natural yoghurt in a pot and let them melt slowly while stirring until they are soft and shiny.
  7. Serve the sweet potato fries with the chocolate marshmallow sauce. Enjoy!
Natural Sweet Potato Fries

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!


Copyright 2015 ©Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Oh how delicious, these look absolutely yummy. I love sweet potato fries, but have never had them with chocolate sauce. I've got to try that the next time I make some. Thanks for sharing the nice tip.

    I am now following you so I can always check out your great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot. I'm Pinning and Tweeting this so others can see it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning dellgirl! It´s a beautiful sunny morning here where I am. Yes, try that and I hope you will love it. Potato fries with chocolate sauce is a yummy change from a normal fried ones. Thanks for pinning and tweeting this recipe and of course for following me. I appreciate that. Enjoy your Sunday. God bless!

      Delete