Last week, I have bought sweet potatoes in the Asian shop. When I bought them, I was craving for boiled sweet potatoes but I did not have time to cook them until today. My craving was no longer for a simple cooked sweet potatoes.
My creative mind was thinking about another recipe and I thought about the time when I was in elementary grade when my mother made sweet potato fries with Latik. Latik was a caramelized sauce made of coconut milk and brown sugar. She used to put the fried potato fries and arranged them like a braided mat on a plate and topped them with Latik. That was so delicious.
I did not make Latik sauce as I did not have coconut milk and brown sugar, so I made my own sauce out of what I have in my cupboard. I have made this kind of sauce many times and so I was sure it tasted almost as yummy as the Latik my mother made.
|Sweet Potato Fries With Chocolate Marshmallow Sauce|
Here´s my own recipe of sweet potato fries but with 70% chocolate bar, marshmallows and natural yoghurt. I am using the very dark chocolate with less sugar. I hope you will like this recipe.
- 2 middle size sweet potatoes
- oil for frying in the fritteuse or deep fryer
- 100 gram 70% dark chocolate
- 50 gram marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- You can use the sweet chocolate if you don´t like the 70% chocolate bar.
- You can use double cream if you don´t have natural yoghurt.
- You can add vanilla or cinnamon flavouring if you want to.
- Leftover of the sauce is delicious for spreading your bread for breakfast or for your snack or as a dip in eating fruits like strawberries.
|Fried Sweet Potatoes|
- Wash the sweet potatoes, then peel them.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into sticks like that of the French fries.
- Rinse the sweet potato sticks in a strainer and pat them dry with a paper or a clean kitchen cloth.
- Fry the sweet potatoes in the heated deep fryer with oil or fritteuse until golden brown.
- Put them in the deep plate with kitchen paper to get off the excess oil.
- Put the marshmallows, dark chocolate and natural yoghurt in a pot and let them melt slowly while stirring until they are soft and shiny.
- Serve the sweet potato fries with the chocolate marshmallow sauce. Enjoy!
|Natural Sweet Potato Fries|
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!
Copyright 2015 ©Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved